Your Toyota lease is almost over, so what happens next? If you’re unsure about your options – or what to do when you’re getting ready to end your lease – High River Toyota is glad to explain the process to you. This guide looks at how to prepare your Toyota for the lease end and what options you have next.
How do I prepare my leased Toyota to return?
Before you bring your Toyota in to return, there are some steps that you can take to ensure your vehicle is ready.
- Look for any possible excessive wear or use on your vehicle. If you notice something, you can fix it yourself beforehand if it won’t cost you much.
- Contact High River Toyota to schedule a turn-in appointment for your vehicle.
- Make sure all of your contracted payments and fees are paid.
- Schedule your complimentary inspection appointment from 15 to 60 days before your lease ends.
- Bring the following items with you to your inspection and lease-return appointments:
- Spare tire and tool kit, if you have them
- Every set of key
- Your vehicle’s owner’s manual
- Any original equipment
- Have one of our employees record your vehicle’s mileage, and then you should sign the Odometer Disclosure Statement and receive a copy.
What are my lease-end options?
When the lease is over, you have multiple lease-end options to consider. The first is to turn in your leased Toyota and purchase or lease another Toyota model from High River Toyota. This will allow you to either get a newer version of the model you’re already driving or try a different Toyota that catches your attention. High River Toyota can even waive the Disposition Fee because you’re a returning guest.
The second option is to simply return your current Toyota without replacing it with a new one, though High River Toyota is happy to work with you to find the right lease option for you.
You can also purchase the Toyota you are currently driving if you truly don’t want to give it away. We will work with you to provide you with the financing you need to do just that, so contact our expert finance team to learn more.
If you need a new vehicle, we have many new Toyota cars, trucks, and SUVs in stock that you can lease now. Contact us to learn more about our finance options and what lease rate you qualify for.
Ask A Question
Monday7:30am - 5:30pm
Tuesday7:30am - 5:30pm
Wednesday7:30am - 5:30pm
Thursday7:30am - 5:30pm
Friday7:30am - 5:00pm
Saturday8:30am - 4:00pm